The Academy of Advanced Changework provides professional, approved, advanced diploma in hypnotherapy training by distance learning.
This hypnotherapy CPD course is dedicated to practitioners who already have a full initial training and who therefore already fully understand the topics that require live training, such as inducing, deepening and disengaging trance.
On this course, we'll teach you new knowledge and techniques, develop your analytical thinking, cover presenting issues that are less often covered on trainings, motivational and inspirational work with clients, and higher level effective questioning skills. We also cover dealing with awkward clinical situations, logical thinking, advanced ethical dilemmas, the value of hypnotherapy research, and how to develop your reflective practitioner skills to the next level.
The course is accredited internationally by the General Hypnotherapy Register (with whom you can apply for the ‘Advanced Practitioner’ status) and approved by the Australian Hypnotherapists Association (AHA) and International Hypnosis Association (IHA). As this is a continuing/ongoing professional development course, it is suitable for any hypnotherapist, regardless of their chosen professional association.
- CPD that takes you to the next level, well above almost all initial trainings.
- Is engaging and substantive - not just a collection of scripts.
- Takes your knowledge, skills, and techniques to another level.
- Explores hypnotherapy research.
- Goes beyond therapy, looking at setting up a peer group, getting the best from supervision, and more.
- Purposeful homework that has practical application.
The benefits of this course/qualification:
- In an increasingly competititve marketplace, impress customers with an advanced qualification (AdvDipH).
- Accredited internationally approved CPD by multiple professional associations.
- If you are a GHR member, you can upgrade to ‘Advanced Practitioner’ (ADPR) status. You can also apply to join as a new member at this level.
- Highly experienced and qualified trainers who have lectured university psychology students. Paul holds a PhD in psychology and Karen holds an MSc in Health Psychology. Both are internationally well-respected trainers.
- Complete the course at your own pace (within 6 months).
- Distance learning hypnotherapy CPD. Complete the course from the comfort of your own home. Better for the environment. No overnight stays in hotels away from home and family. Fit it around your work and childcare, etc.
- Approachable trainers always here to support you.
- A detailed training manual of over 300 pages that will serve you well for years to come. Scripts and printable forms included.
- Full money back guarantee.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is suitable for any hypnotherapist, anywhere in the world, with a good command of English. Practitioners who have had time away from the profession will benefit from stimulating their existing knowledge and learning new things as well.
We are selective about entry to the course. Our priority is the public and profession. It is possible to complete this course immediately following an initial training, provided your course was substantial. You must also have conducted practice sessions on the training and/or after the course with members of the public. We really value training in other modalities, such as NLP and counselling. However, whilst valuable clinically, regrettably, these courses do not count towards our entry requirements unless they were a small part of a standard hypnotherapy course. Applicants need to hold full membership of a professional hypnotherapy association.
‘I enjoyed the course very much, it was my first experience of distance learning and the result is that I would certainly do it again in the future. I felt very supported throughout the course even when I was a little uncertain of whether I was doing ok. The feedback gave me the confidence to know I was on the right track and to carry on. Even when the tutors were on holiday I still received an email showing their dedication to their students.’
‘[...] I am just 'blown away' with the amount of thought provoking, inspiring and just shear depth of knowledge and experience that this book [ed. course manual] provides. [...] It is clearly written, and provides you with a mix of ideas and experience that allow you to reflect and absorb ways in which it can be utilised in practise [...] please don't think I am some gushing overly enthusiastic young man, I am 54, well read and usually quite sceptical by nature, and have never been driven to send an email like this in the past.’
‘The course has taught me so much, and I thank both of you for writing such a fabulous course. [...] The course has helped me to think more critically when hearing other therapists talk, and I often find myself questioning what has been said. This course has certainly broadened my thinking in ways which I had never considered before. I certainly feel more confident as a practitioner.’
'I thoroughly enjoyed this course and found it challenging. I feel it built well on initial training giving me more techniques to add to my repertoire and helped me to think about the whole process of therapy in a deeper way.’
‘Even though it has only been just under a year since I qualified as a hypnotherapist, I had not realised how set in my ways I was beginning to get with some of my interventions and approaches. Studying for the advanced diploma gave me just what I needed to reignite and build my confidence.’
‘I am really pleased I took the course. I have learnt a lot and feel that my appreciation and understanding of hypnotherapy has been enhanced. Thank you.’
The structure of this hypnotherapy CPD course is simple. Once your application has been accepted, you will be sent a course manual and an electronic homework file. You complete the questions on computer and email your answers to your tutor for marking. Some of these will be sent back to you with constructive feedback and a request for further information. You send your updated answers back to us. The file passes between student and tutor until all the questions have met the learning objectives at the required standard. You are then sent a certificate.
Provided you are responsive to feedback, you cannot 'fail'. We'll keep on prompting you and supporting you until each answer is complete. This process has worked really well. It upholds standards and meets learning outcomes without the pressure of exams. Unlike exams, which are often satisfied at 50% correct answers, we want you to be the best you can be and we're interested in all questions. We’re interested in wholesome learning that you will retain and use in your practice. We enjoy investing in our students, their future, and the professional more generally. We provide supervision throughout. Our professional bodies may spot-check us to hold us accountable for standards of student work and tutor feedback.
Course content and assessment
Part 1 requires you to read the course manual. This substantial resource contains a rich assortment of information, advancing your knowledge and skills as a hypnotherapist. Here are just a few of the topics covered:
- Modern approaches to motivating clients.
- Advanced questioning skills.
- Handling awkward situations and questions.
- Advanced clinical approaches such as the 'Why? So that' technique, wordplay, paradoxical intention and symptom prescription.
- Learning how to work without scripts.
- Effective new techniques e.g. ‘reverse behavioural chaining’ and ‘Eureka grid’.
- Interesting presenting issues, such as stage fright, public speaking, eczema, anger, blushing, wedding issues, and procrastination.
- Critical thinking regarding claims made by trainers and books.
- How to find, understand and enjoy hypnotherapy research.
- Types of ethics and ethical debates in clinical practice.
- Working with epileptic clients.
- Working with groups.
- Being a reflective practitioner.
- How to set up and run a successful peer group.
- What to look for when choosing professional development courses.
- Advanced marketing strategies.
Part 2 questions you on your learning from Part 1, as well as a few other tasks:
- 20 'open book', untimed multiple choice questions.
- 15 short answer questions.
- Vignette 1: what you would do to help a more complex/higher risk client.
- Vignette 2: what you would do in a case that potentially involves child protection.
- Reflective journal.
- Short statement of how the course has developed your thinking.
- A Personal Development Plan - statement of what you intend to in the near future to improve as a hypnotherapist.
N.B. We continually seek to improve our courses so content may be subject to change.
Enrolment and fees
We are currently enrolling new students. The fee includes everything: support, assessment and certification. You may choose to buy recommended books as well.
Special promotional price.
20% off until 1 February 2019!
$870 AUD, $690 USD, or £490 GBP
3 payment methods available. Please contact us for more details.
We may be able to accept other currencies. Please ask.
*Full money back guarantee* at any point prior to first submission of your homework portfolio.
Recovering course fees and wearing the 'business hat'
Courses are enjoyable in their own right, they improve performance, and they are a professional requirement. But it is also good to consider how fees will be recovered. They are, after all, a business cost. A higher qualification should attract clients who are choosing a therapist, where very often little distinguishes one therapist from another. We can offer the following formula to work out how many clients you need in order to recover AdvDipH course fees:
Divide the total course fees by the fees you charge clients per session. This gives the total number of sessions required to recover fees.
Divide this figure by the average number of sessions each of your clients attend for.
You need this many new clients, attracted by your new qualification, to break even.
A typical figure often surprises people - about 3 clients!
What’s more, this advanced hypnotherapy CPD qualification continues to work for you for as long as you are a therapist.
If you and your clients are worth it, invest now!
Prospectus and application form
You can download a prospectus here (opens in a new window).
You can download an application form here (opens in a new window).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: Paul or Karen +61 7 53 292 293